10 PROPOSED NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS
FOR BUILDING OWNERS & OPERATORS
Happy New Year!
The start of a new year is a time to review accomplishments and challenges of the past year, and commit to finding and implementing better courses of action for the year ahead.
Building Managers should focus on how to operate their facilities better by reducing energy consumption, optimizing management procedures, increasing occupant comfort, reducing all forms of facility risk and saving money.
The following are some resolutions to consider:
1. I will find and implement a system to monitor and control all of my building’s lights, fans and plug loads from my new central operations console so that I can save energy, increase building safety and use my time more productively.
2. I will find and implement a simple to use software solution to enable me to plan, schedule and budget all of my building inspection and maintenance responsibilities and tasks, and generate reports so I can mitigate the high cost of accidents and system breakdowns, optimize staff resources and provide management better information for management decisions.
Solution: Eagle Proteus Computerized Maintenance Management Solutions
3. I will find and implement a power remediation system to correct all power quality issues originating from either the power supplied by my utility or due to the operations of the equipment inside my building in order to reduce the risk of damage to sensitive electrical equipment like elevators.
Solution: Elspec Power Quality Meters & Systems
4. I will find and implement a technology solution that will reduce the amount of power used by my building’s chillers and refrigeration systems, reduce my maintenance costs and extend my equipment’s operating life.
Solution: Chiller Optimization
5. I will find and implement a technology that will reduce the amount of winter heat loss and summer heat gain through my existing windows.
Solution: ETime HeatShield Window Coating
6. I will find and install security window film to mitigate the risk of window breakage due to weather, accidents, vandalism or break in and entry attempts.
Solution: HanitaTek Security Window Films
7. I will find and install energy saving air curtains at all my building’s pedestrian, garage and freight entrance doors to reduce winter heat loss and summer heat gain every time the doors are open and to make my building more comfortable to occupants.
Solution: Heat Saving Systems Air Curtains
8. I will find and install a Canadian-made solar photovoltaic system that will transform my entire roof into a power generating system without the use of vulnerable solar panel modules and expensive panel racking systems.
Solution: Solar Shingles Canada
9. I will acquire a robust power generation system to help me to operate in the event of power losses and any environmental challenge.
Solution: Kroll Generators
10. We look forward to working with you in 2014 and hearing from you soon!
I will find someone to help me to deal with a building operations challenges that I want to resolve.
Solution: Contact Leon Wasser MBA, P.Eng.
We look forward to working with you in 2014 and hearing from you soon!
Leon Wasser, MBA, P.Eng.
Wasser Resources Inc.