Every time a door is opened in the winter a building wastes energy as warm air rushes out and cold air rushes in. Installing entrance door air curtains at all building pedestrian and freight entrances reduces energy expenses, increases occupant comfort, reduces GHG building emissions and reduces slip and fall accident risk.
Air curtains are mechanical units that create air foil barriers across buildings openings and Wasser Resources offers air curtains for every door and application. Enbridge Gas Distribution recognizes the benefits of entrance door air curtains and even offers a free energy saving calculator to demonstrate the benefits of this technology.
Key Air Curtain Benefits
- Reduce loss of heated and humidified indoor air to reduce energy costs
- Reduce GHG emssions produced by building natural gas heating system
- Reduce entry of cold dry winter air and increase comfort for facility occupants
- Reduce infiltation of snow to floor cleaning work
- Reduce the risk of slip and fall accidents
Where Air Curtains Can Be Used
- Pedestrian Entrances
- Overhead Freight & Parking Garage Doors
- Drive-Through Windows & Ticket Wickets
AIR CURTAIN MODELS
Model 200: Drive Thru & Ticket Wicket
Our Model AC200 Service Window Air Curtain is the ideal unit for small but frequently opened service windows including at restaurant drive through windows, parking lot kiosks, theatre ticket wickets, transit ticket offices and information booths. We recommend our electrically heated version for this application to help keep your service staff comfortable all winter long. The standard length for these units is 30″ and the standard finish is white enamel.
Model 300 Heated Pedestrian Entrance
ur AC300 Pedestrian entrance air curtain is the ideal solution for any type of pedestrian entance including for retailers, restaurants, schools and office buildings. The most common size for these units is 39″ wide, but they are also available in 59″ and 79″ lengths for double and triple width doors. These units are electrically heated with powerful fans for maximum comfort. Pedestrial air curtains have the added benefit of helping to reduce the entry of wind driven rain and snow – reducing the risk of slip and fall accidents and continuous mopping up of floors in the vicinity of each building entrance.
Model AC400 Ambient Freight & Garage Door
Our model AC400 Air Curtains are ideal for freight entrances and garage doors. We supply these air curtains to large warehouse and distribution centres, manufacturers, transit authorities and underground parking garage operators. The standard sizes for these units are 39″, 59″ and 79″, and may be combined linearly to provide full coverage to overhead door opening. These units are typically not heated (ambient) since they are typically placed in proximity to cieling mounted natual gas fired unit heaters which are used to heat the entire facility. The purpose of the air curtain is to provide an air foil to block the entry of dry cold winter air, rain and snow, and to conserve the building’s own humidified warmer air.
Model 1000 Prestige Suspended
Our AC1000 Prestige Suspended Air Curtains are typically suspended above pedestrian entrances of hotels, institutional buildings and retail malls and complement the high quality design of these spaces. Because they are designed for pedestrian entrances, they are heated units, and because they are often suspended high above the pedestrian entance doors, they are equiped with high power fans and high output heaters. These units can be ordered with either a white enamel or a stainless steel finish (polished or brushed) to complement of the decor of the facility. Typically these units are electrically heated and are designed to run continuously for maximum effectiveness.
Model AC1001 Presitige Floor Mounted
Our AC1001 Vertical Prestige Floor Mounted Pedestrian Air Curtain is a high quality high output unit designed for high volume entrances such as public arenas, hotels, hospitals and shopping malls. The standard finish for these units is either brushed or polished stainless steel to minimize the likelyhood of damage to the unit finish since unlike any of our other units, these are immediately accessible to building occupants and visitors. Like our other air pedestrian air curtains, these units reduce the loss of humidified warm air, and reduce the entrance of cold dry air and wind driven snow and rain.
Air Curtain Features
- All horizontal air curtains are available in standard 39″, 59″ and 79″ widths
- Air curtain units can be grouped together for larger width entrances
- Air curtains have built-in thermostats to turn off heating units when not required
- All units have three fan operating speeds for maximum control
- Most units are available in ambient (unheated) and electric heated versions
- Many units are available in hot water (hydronically heated) versions
- Robust design ensures long life with minimal maintenance
- Heating systems are designed for either 220v (single or 3 phase) or 600v electrical service
- Available in both standard white enamel or stainless steel (brushed or polished) finishes
Wasser Resources Inc. Air Curtain Webpage with full details
Comprehensive Air Curtain Catalog
Plumbing & HVAC Magazine Article highlighting air curtain benefits
I look forward to discussing your building entrance air curtain needs!
Leon Wasser MBA, P.Eng